Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Don't worry, I'm still alive...

Sorry that it has been so long since my last post. I ended up waking up really early on Sunday morning with a heinous cold/sinus issue so I didn't go to class. (Blowing your nose every 3 seconds does not go well with handling food.) So I ended up sleeping a lot on Sunday and taking allergy medicine. I've been working at 7am every morning this week which means waking up at 530am... So I've been pretty tired. I didn't think that it would bother me since I used to have to wake up at 3am five days a week, but I'm just not used to getting up early yet. Anyways, I came to the realization that I'm pretty much the worst person to be blogging. For instance, I ended up going to the MOMA the other day and did not take a single picture. I didn't even take a picture of Starry Night (which by the way was awesome to see in person.) So, my apologies for not having more things to share. Although I did decide to get off at a different stop before going home the other day. I ended up near Grand Central station, which is beautiful by the way, and just walked around. I went by the NY public library which was awesome and ended up walking through Bryant Park. There is a really neat building right by Bryant Park and guess what? I actually took a picture!
In other news, Starbucks has been going well. I was really quiet my first day because I was nervous, but I have been forcing myself to make small talk and to try and get to know my new co-workers. They all seem pretty cool so I'm happy about that. Yesterday, which was my fourth shift there, they put me on bar (aka making drinks), I hadn't done that since January and was pretty scared. Luckily it went well and when I apologized for being rusty/going slow, they said that I did really well. I think that's it for now. I probably won't post too much the rest of this week because I don't have school this weekend (Jewish holiday/Columbus day). I also wanted to say that I will be going to get a P.O. box tomorrow so I will let everyone know that info so that I can get mail. Hope you're all well!
-Kayla

3 comments:

  1. Aww sweetie, I hope you are feeling better! Don't worry, we are thrilled to see anything you write about and as you blog you will get the hang of it more and more. Do they actually allow photos in a museum anyways? I didn't think they did! I hope you wont get in trouble for missing class. Looking forward to getting an address for you:>)Sending our love.
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, honey! Just going to repeat Aunt Kathy's words....post when you can, ANYthing you post is well worth the wait! As to you being the worst person ever to blog...I think I might have that trophy tied up! I go to my own blog to create a new post, and just kind of sit and stare and the empty boxes in front of me! As always your hilarious insights make this just a pleasure to read...So, keep it up when you can, don't wory about our expectations, because we're happy to see anything you write!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, what yuour mom said, except...we expect a post every couple days. lol. And I think you should worry about our expectations, don't you?
    :>) XOXO

    ReplyDelete