Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spotted: Five rats in the subway

I feel like these posts are going to continue to start out with me apologizing for not posting as much as I should, so how about that sentiment is now just implied with every post? Ok? Great... So, I didn't have school this weekend and instead decided to hit up the local mall in Queens. It felt like I was back home in Michigan which was nice. I walked around there for awhile and then went home and watched the Tigers game. They're not doing very well in this series which is pretty disappointing. Anyhow, on Sunday I went into Manhattan and went to Barnes and Noble and also Trader Joe's. Can I just take a moment to say how much I love Trader Joe's? I am able to get a bunch of groceries for pretty cheap. After the weekend it was back to work for me. I worked yesterday morning and then this afternoon/evening. I think that over the next week or so I'm going to look for a second job, so wish me luck! Oh, I should probably explain the title of this post: when I was waiting for the subway train to take me to the mall, I saw three rats... and then the next morning on my way to work I saw two rats. I hadn't seen any rats or bugs up until that point, so that was exciting. I just pretended that they were like the rats from the Disney movie Ratatouille.
I think that's about it, I have to be back to work at 630 am tomorrow, which involves waking up at 5 am. :-( I should have more stuff to post this weekend because of school. I am going on a field trip on Sunday, so I will be sure to let you all know about that. 
Lots of love,
Kayla

(above picture was found on Google :-) )

3 comments:

  1. Kayla, there is a saying "blogging without obligation". You have a life and a fairly busy one at that. It is our job as your loving family to beg, plead and harrass you for more blog posts about your exciting life in the big city, but you need never apologise for how often you post. Ok? just take our pleading with a grain of salt and do the best you can.
    I was just asking Lauren this morning over coffee if she had heard whether you were trying to find a second job, guess this post answers that. I'll be praying that you find something that fits really well with S*bucks and school...and blogging:>) Love you sweetie, don't pet the rats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...the rats you can SEE...are not the ones to worry about! (sorry...I know that's probably not comforting!) Wow...a field trip...did you need a mom/chaperone...cuz I'm available! Seriously, you blog when you can...none of us reading this is expecting you to be tied to your blog, but all of us are grateful for each delightful new post. LOVE your profile picture...what a beautiful young woman you've become! Good luck on the seocnd job...whomever interviews you will be lucky to have you, and they'll probably see that right from the moment they meet you. You're doing so well...it's fun to live vicariously through you here!

    MUCH love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie buff like you didn't even mention "Ben?" :)

    I don't comment every time, but I am glad to see these updates. You rock, niece!

    Uncle E.

    ReplyDelete