Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Turning 25 doesn't mean you're suddenly mature
I could start this by saying how sorry I am that I haven't blogged in so long and how busy I am and blah blah blah; but the truth is I kind of forget about this blog 98% of the time. Anyhow, I went back to Michigan for my birthday to try and spend a couple of relaxing days at the beach. Dad, Sam, and Zach all took a couple of days off to accompany me to Grand Haven, and it was a blast. I even managed to get some pictures:




It was a nice way to spend a birthday and it also included quite possibly the best nap that I have ever had. (I fell asleep on the beach.) I got to see some friends and family, which is always nice, and just happened to get my favorite birthday gift ever:

Victoria gave me that awesome necklace which I have only taken off a few times. And now onto other life events. I got a call on Thursday while I was at Starbucks and it was from the head baker at Amy's Bread (the place that I'm doing my internship at). She wanted me to come in the next day to talk to her. I never work with her because I'm only there weekends and she only works Monday through Friday. So I literally have not seen her since she offered the internship to me three months ago. So, I went in on Friday feeling super nervous (as usual) and was pleasantly surprised when she offered me a full time position. I had been thinking that if I ended up being offered a spot that I would turn it down, but as soon as she asked I knew that this was exactly what I wanted. I had been getting really bummed out about not working there anymore because the people there are amazing and it kind of is the highlight of my week to be able to go have an awesome time while doing something that I love. So, as you can probably guess I accepted it and will be starting full time on the 25th. This means that I won't be going down the assistant manager route at Starbucks, but I will still be working there a few days a week (or as much as I can handle without going more grey). It's really bizarre to think that I'm coming up on a year of living here and in that time I've gotten an apartment, made amazing friends, started and finished school, and gotten a job at a bakery. It's amazing to realize that you're in the exact place you're supposed to be at exactly the right time.


2 comments:

  1. Follow the dream, Baby ... you'll see the other stuff working out. Good job! And, thanks for still blogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Kayla! What will you be doing at Amy's? Don't forget about the blog! I love being able to share in what you're doing and keep that connection:>) It looks like you had a wonderful birthday, and Yay! next time you come home I'll actually be able to see you for a bit:>)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete