Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good...

So, yesterday morning I woke up bright and early to make the two hour drive down to Philadelphia to see Lauren. The drive was pretty easy (minus getting lost in NJ and going on a roundabout approximately 12 times) and I got to her apartment relatively unscathed. After a quick walk to the train station and a not so quick hour long wait, we got into the city. Philadelphia is pretty nice, and comparatively small. We didn't really do that much sight-seeing because we both were low on funds, so instead we walked around the city and looked at cool buildings. I made sure to take a few pictures too. So here you go,

Giant Clothespin!
City Hall

Giant board-game pieces 
Giant Mac n Cheese noodle


Some weird sculpture
Beautiful church










After a few hours of walking around we had dinner at a Chinese restaurant and saw a movie. It was so much fun being able to see Lauren (and Brian) and it's nice to know that I have some family so near by. I think that's all for now, I'm off to do my taxes!

2 comments:

  1. Philly looks like such a beautiful city! I am so glad you guys were able to see each other. I LOVE the picture of both of you together:>) And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I agree with your aunt Kathy...that close up picture of the two of you is beautiful! I'm so glad you got the chance to go see Lauren & Brian...happy there's a little bit of family not too far away from you! Love you, and I am so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete