Thursday, September 22, 2011

We'll call this a successful day...

The subway is where I spent a good portion of my day today. I had a long ride into downtown Manhattan to go to the uniform shop. On my way there though two sets of people performed songs which was pretty funny/entertaining. I would also like to state that I did not get lost once today! That is pretty exciting if you ask me. So I went and picked up my uniform which consists of 3 chef jackets, 5 aprons, 2 pairs of pants (which are black and white checkered...), and a pair of shoes... Now this all sounds great until you remember that I am staying about a 45 minute train ride away. So I got to lug around that heavy bag for awhile. Here's what I got though...
I'm not sure if it really shows up in the picture, but my name is on the jacket! I was so excited, it almost makes up for those horrible pants.

I almost forgot my most exciting moment of the day! I got the job at Starbucks and I start on Monday! I was really excited and cannot wait to be back at Starbucks honing my barista skills. Well, I think that's about it for today.
Kayla

2 comments:

  1. I can see your name when I click on the picture and make it bigger, so cool! Yay about the job and about not getting lost on the subway:>) Always a good thing. Can't wait to hear about the new Starbucks. I bet people in NY are different than the customers you had in small town Lake Orion!
    Thanks for keeping us updated:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...you're awesome enough to make those pants a new trend! The jackets are fantastic, and congratulations on getting the job...though none of us had ANY doubt that you'd be hired! Love you, sweetheart!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete