Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Post?!?!

Excuse the punctuation in the title I feel delirious with exhaustion (I may have been using a little hyperbole there). I don't have much to write about because I didn't have school last weekend because of Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving working, which I thought would be better than spending the day by myself stewing in loneliness (again an exaggeration), but it was actually tougher I think. All of these customers kept asking me my plans for the day. I tried to noncommittally answer so that they wouldn't feel sorry for me haha. ANYWAY, if you'll remember from a previous post, I have a regular customer who thinks that I'm Jewish. So for the last couple of weeks I've been agonizing over how to break it to her that I am indeed not one of the chosen people. I needn't have worried so much because it came out naturally, after she invited me to spend Hanukkah with her family, since I'm in the city alone. She also hinted at setting me up with her successful male cousin (I am kind of hoping that offer is still on the table... lol) I then let her know that indeed I am a gentile. So that was pretty much the highlight of my week because it made me laugh quite a lot. In other amazing news, my friend Charlotte is coming to visit me at the end of December and I am BEYOND excited! It is going to be so nice to see a familiar face.
Oh also, I have seen three movies recently so here are some thoughts on them (I know you didn't ask lol). First I saw a movie called "Another Happy Day." This was definitely a "Kayla" movie. Weird, sad, etc. If you need to know more about what makes something a "Kayla" movie, just ask Lauren. There was a period of time that she refused to watch any movie that I had selected because she knew it would not have a nice neat ending. lol. Anyhow, the best part about seeing this movie is that it isn't in wide release yet, so it was only playing in one movie theater in the whole of New York. So I ventured to said theater and watched it along with about five other people (also by themselves), one of these people was an old man in thick black frames and a beret. That's right, a beret. I almost cried tears of joy. It made me laugh because he looked exactly like some pretentious film buff and it was magical. Next up I saw a film called "Martha Marcy May Marlene," this one was also pretentious and weird, but was overall pretty decent. It had a very ambiguous ending and I wouldn't recommend it because I think that most of you would probably hate it, but overall I enjoyed it. I saved the best for last though and that was "The Muppets." It was seriously good and really enjoyable and funny. So, if you have a conundrum next time that you're at the box office, I say go with The Muppets - it's your best bet.
I think that that's all for now. I haven't forgotten about posting some recipes - I've gotten a little busy/sidetracked. I will probably post again on Saturday after school. Until then!
-Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope your Jewish friend took your news well. Her poor lonely (but successful) cousin was probably pretty sad about the news too! I was hoping for a post and I have been checking back here since Sunday. Of course, I can't complain much since I don't post enough either. Is New York decorated beautifully for Christmas? I would love a tour of the lights. Great idea for a post;>)
    Sending hugs((((()))))))
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla-

    First, we certainly missed you at the Thanksgiving table. I'm hoping next year (even if you're a wildly successful NY baker/pastry chef) that you and some ethereal baked creation will once again grace our gathering.

    Your Aunt Kathy & I were watching a show last night. Some of the principal action centered around a 16-year-old girl who led a band and (of course) was by definition the coolest person present--especially vis-a-vis her parents.

    Near the end of the story, she decided one of the adult characters was also fairly cool and handed him a flashdrive with some of her favorite music loaded--to help him understand her better. I laughed when she said "Check out the Arcade Fire stuff-it's cool." Just a little reminder of you. :)

    U.E.

    ReplyDelete