Thursday, December 22, 2011

Busy Busy

Ok, I'm sorry that I didn't post at all this weekend. I've been crazy busy because... (drumroll please) I moved! I have been so incredibly lucky to work with some great people who I've become friends with. One of these new friends/co-workers told me that she had a spare bedroom in the apartment that she shares with her mom. So, I am in an apartment in Harlem now and paying wayyyyy less in rent than I was before. It is such a relief. And now for the best news: because I am saving so much money in rent I am coming home in January! I still have to book my flight but I will be coming home Jan 20-25. Yay!

Raspberry Pistachio frangipane tart
Port poached pears
Alright, now that that is out of the way, I'll recap my school stuff. This weekend was pretty relaxed and involved making a lot of doughs for tarts and pies. Here are some pictures:
Pecan Pie
Pear Gallettes


Linzer Tart

It all turned out really well and tasted delicious. Since it's been a few days since class I honestly cannot remember most of it. But at least I took pictures, right? Alright, I think that's it. I'll try to post again this weekend. Sorry this was so short.
-Kayla

3 comments:

  1. Short or not, I always love little glimpses of your life in NY Kayla. I am so thrilled that you found a cheaper place to rent, and especially happy that you have made friends just as I knew you would. Because, who couldn't love you? How far do you have to travel to school now? I hope it didn't add a huge amount of time and trouble to your commute for work and school. I am so excited to have you home, maybe your dad and siblings and grandma could come for dinner while you are home? I'll call and see if that's possible:>) Even if we can't do that, I hope I'lll get a chance to see you, even for a little bit!

    Love
    AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo! That's when we're planning to go to FL! This cannot be!

    I'm so glad you found a cheaper place, and can live with a friend. I hope that will be a much nicer living arrangement for you.

    I love your updates, too, even if they're short. You're a way better blogger than I am.

    Oh, and your address didn't change, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tart looks SO professional! And I am SOO psyched to see you, and to be the one who picks you up from the airport!! Congrats on the move! Hope you enjoyed the funny voicemails we left you today :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete